Wednesday 22 October 2008

My Own Perfume Advert

Sketch of ideas for my perfume advert
The advert is dominated by the colours black red and white for a dramatic effect. It will be mainly gray scale but with one thing outlined in red perhaps a rose or dress and the bottle will also be red to make it stand out I have not yet decided what colour the writing will be as I have not yet taken the photo so red writing might stand out more than white or white might be better or even black writing. I have decided to call my perfume ‘noir Passion’. my idea follows along the lines of the thriller style with a 'femme fatale' in a red dress and the chiaroscuro lighting leaving a sense of mystery and intrigue which i hope will be reflected in the audiences perception of my perfume.

Audience
This advert will appeal predominantly to teenagers with its rebellious dark feel. This advert is also going to be very stylised to appeal to a slightly older late teen audience to try and promote the idea that this perfume is grown up and attractive using only red black and white which gives the impression of heat, love, and passion. On the demographic I think it will appeal mainly to people who fit into the C2, D and E category and perhaps C1’s, because even though the advert is not as respectable as Chanel’s advert for example look down, it is still not very trashy, but is respectable.

Audience profile

The advert looks quite Gothic and dark so it will appeal to people who like scary movies and listen to rock, punk and heavy metal. I have taken my inspiration from the advert for the scary movie uncannily called ‘Perfume’.
This is because its very Gothic but is brought to life with the flower petals that makes it feel more 'girly' and pretty!

1 comment:

mw said...

Helen post advertisement and commentary this week.

Don't forget to describe the changes you made today and why you made them. You need to talk about the respresentation of your image and how the product was changed to appeal to same audience. mw