Tuesday 4 November 2008

My Finished Perfume Advert

The original photo that i used for my perfume advert, has been modified greatly to perfect my advert. Obviously my advert is not up to a real commercial standard because we have neither the technology nor the time. However i believe i have managed to make it look quite effective although i had to change a few of my ideas and had trouble thinking of a new name that would fit as my picture was not very 'Noir'.

This is my finished perfume advert I have tried to stick with the thriller theme of the femme fatale with the red dress, red lips and a little bit of mystery made by the rest of the image being in black and white. However i have made a few changes because I wanted more red in my advert to represent the passion in the name 'Noir Passion'. This is why I put a rose in and also because i wanted a more feminine feel to appeal to a wider female audience.

I also changed the name as before i had planned to call it Noir Passion however the picture has turned out more cheeky than dark and a little majestic with the rose being brandished like a wand. this is why i have called it 'Seductive spirit' with the red representing the passion in seduction and the spirit because its slightly magical with the wand/rose pointing at the perfume bottle. I had a little trouble in the fact that i had to turn the white background dark black and on doing it i realised the outline of the hair was too blocky and jagged, it was because of this that i had to do a lot of editing using the blur and smudge tool, although i had trouble with this i have pulled it off and the hair looks natural.
However even though i have made all these changes i still believe my advert appeals to the same target audience. because it is quite respectable and formal, however it is not very provocative so will not appeal so much to a teenage audience but will appeal to the older female audience.

1 comment:

mw said...

The advertisement has a coherent look to it. Well done.

When you write your analysis you need to describe the product using media terminology. Although you have talked about the 'mise-en-scene- and connotations of colour, you also need to identify shot, framing, positioning and typeface choices. You also need to identify the appeal to target auidence.

(Don't use small i for I!!)